Living abroad like a local
Living abroad as an expat can be quite daunting before actually leaving for the very first time: it requires a plan (when are you going to leave, where will you stay..), an idea of what will you do once you are there (study, work, volunteering, work remotely, exploring etc) and good dose of courage to take the leap and a strong desire of exploring a country from a insider point of view.
The most important thing is to have a strong desire to see more and adapt yourself to a new culture and lifestyle; the rest are all excuses your mind makes up to justify your fear. Fear is what makes us human, but don’t let it prevent you making new experiences and live your best life!
“Travel is never a matter of money but of courage” – Paulo Coelho
Once you reach your destination you will ask yourself why you have waited so long to take that jump!
Here below you will find a list of the cities I have lived in so far and my exploring tips and must-do things from a local point of view!
Check-out my articles clicking on the images and don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any help organising your visit!
Cities I have lived in:
- The 10 Best Things to visit in Cardiff
- The 14 Best Day Trips from Cardiff
- What to visit in the River Wye Valley
- Swansea and the Gower Peninsula Beach Guide
- Bath Essential Guide: What to see and know about the thermal city
- The Best Bath’s Parks and Gardens
- Unmissable Activities for Jane Austen’s Addicts
- The Best Cocktail Bars in Bath
- The Best Authentic Italian Restaurants and Deli in Bath
- My Favourite hikes near Bath
- Must-Do Bath Day Trips